PIE WRAPPED LAMB AND RATATOUILLE
(*This recipe uses wheat)
Lamb chops 1
Fresh herbs like rosemary and thyme 5 - 7 twigs each
Salt and pepper
Pie sheets (Puff Pastry Sheets from Pepperidge Farm)
Ratatouille (Please click to see the recipe)
Olive oil (optional)
Roasted grape tomatoes (optional)
*No peanuts, tree nuts, milk, eggs, soy
*Please click and see the Ratatouille recipe to prepare.
*I usually enjoy ratatouille first, and make this recipe next day to bring out the best of leftover.
1. Grille your lamb the way you like it. I used the Lamb Chops with Dried Cherries recipe, but just salt and pepper with herbs works fine as well.
2. Your lamb can be fully cooked or just the surface. Let them cool.
3. Pre-heat your oven to 400F.
4. On a pie sheet 1/4 cut, place the ratatouille and lamb. Wrap them with the pie. Repeat as needed.
5. On a oven tray, place the lamb pies and roast about 15 minutes.
6. If you'd like a side dish, slice the potatoes, sprinkle with salt and pepper and drizzle olive oil. Place herbs of your choice and roast together with lambs.
If you'd like roasted tomatoes, cut the grape tomatoes in half, place them on oven tray and roast about 50 minutes in 300F oven.
You might want to try out these recipes before you make this recipe. When you have ratatouille and lamb in hand, this recipe becomes nothing but a leftover makeover, and trust me, no one will complain and say we are having a boring leftover.